We are in a critical period in New Hampshire’s history. It is a period that requires people of faith across NH to show up, stand up, and speak up. What does our faith require of us? To be active disruptors of white supremacy, active participants in the work of anti-racism, and ready to come alongside our teachers, school boards, and local governments.
To that end, we are asking individuals and congregations across NH to take a faithful pledge for equity and education. This is not just signature, or passive response, but a commitment to be involved in coming alongside our teachers, school districts, local government, and local organizing efforts. We can help connect you to what is happening in your area!
Faith leaders, we need your voices. Please save the date for a roundtable on January 26th in the evening for a fuller understanding of the landscape in our state and the importance of faith leader engagement.
Will you take the pledge with us?
YES! I want to be an effective advocate for diversity, equity, and justice in our schools and in my local community.
- Prepare myself to be an advocate for equity, truth and nonviolence, using the tools of my faith and ethical commitments.
- Monitor agendas and public discourse relating to my school board, and local government bodies (Select Boards, county boards, etc) so I am aware of items which provide an opportunity to speak in support of diversity, equity and justice, and to counter the views of those with white supremacist views or goals.
- Be prepared to take action by being physically present at meetings, speaking publicly during public comment periods, submitting written testimony, and/or responding to other opportunities for citizen/resident input.
- Seek out like-minded colleagues, neighbors and friends and engage at least one of them in this work with me.
- Share updates with “Taking a Faithful Stand” organizers when related activity is taking place in my area so allies can be aware and respond with support.
Please note that volunteers with additional skills are needed and welcome for this effort! If you have gifts in phone calling, data entry, programming, web design, organizing – or more – please let us know when you respond. We will connect you with our partners for possibilities to help.
Take the pledge!
[contact-form to=”email@example.com” subject=”A Faithful Pledge”][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Organization” type=”text” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Yes! I want to take a faithful pledge for equity ” type=”checkbox” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Additional Information ” type=”text”][/contact-form]