New Hampshire Council of Churches
Executive Director – Job Description
Job Title: Executive Director
Reports to: New Hampshire Council of Churches Board
Purpose: To serve as an ambassador and connector for the New Hampshire Council of Churches member denominations and their congregations, and to provide administrative and fundraising leadership to the New Hampshire Council of Churches.
- Nurture relationships with denominational leaders
- Build relationships with congregations and individuals from the NHCC member denominations
Advocacy & Witness
- Represent the interests of the NHCC member denominations by testifying at the state house, speaking at events and showing up to witness events
- Connect and/or convene denominational leaders and congregational leaders who share common interests or goals
- Work with coalitions and like-minded partner organizations on priority issues.
- Support NHCC committees as needed
- Plan and execute events that further the mission of the NHCC, working with Committees of the Council as appropriate
- Plan and execute annual fundraising events with the Board
- Help prepare Annual Meeting with the Board.
Fundraising and Financial Management
- Works with the Treasurer and the Board regarding the financial health of the organization.
- Work with the Board to plan and implement annual fundraising goals
- Solicit donations in the form of grants and gifts from individuals, congregations, denominations and foundations
- Manage donor lists
- Nurture relationship with donors through thank you notes, direct contact and relationship building to encourage future donations
- Manage contact lists
- Send regular email communications to denominations, congregations and interested individuals
- Update website and social media
- Report to NHCC Board at regular meetings or conference calls.
- Work with Denominational Representatives to Identify potential Board candidates.
- Work with the Board to develop and implement a strategic plan for the NHCC
- Salary of $35,000 for 20 hours/week
- Salary increases, bonuses and cost of living adjustment will be negotiated annually and based on performance and funds available.
- Some evening and weekend meetings or events will be required
- Professional Expense, conference and training budget line item negotiated annually.
- Travel Budget
- Annual Evaluation each spring conducted by the Board.
Vacation / Time Off:
- Four weeks vacation
- One week for professional development/continuing education
- One week for retreat
- Familiarity with NH faith communities
- Knowledgeable and comfortable with working across denominations
- Experience with faith-based advocacy & witness
- Experience with fundraising preferred
- BA or BS; Master’s preferred
- Must have proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, email and some web site capability
- The Executive Director will work out of their own home office space.
- Some travel in NH will be required
How to apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 21, 2021.
The Board of the New Hampshire Council of Churches is open to the possibility of hiring two quarter time staff, with one focused on fundraising and the other on programming. Please note in your application if you are interested in the half time position or one of the quarter time positions.