Saturday, February 24, 2018, 8:30 am to 1:00 pm (Snow date: Saturday, March 10)
Church Hall, Immaculate Heart of Mary Church
180 Loudon Rd, Concord, NH
“Be still and know that I am God.” Ps. 46:10
Centering Prayer: Beginning to Learn to Live a Contemplative Way of Life through Prayer
8:30 -9:00 am Registration
9:00 – 1:00 pm Workshop Presentations
In the workshop you’ll learn the method and principles of centering prayer and have an opportunity to experi-ence this ancient method in a quiet, reflective atmosphere. The workshop covers the history, psychology, and theology of centering prayer as well as time for questions and answers. The four sections of the Workshop are:
- Prayer as Relationship: focuses on the fact that any form of prayer expresses our desire to be in relationship with God and how Centering Prayer deepens that relationship.
- The Method of Centering Prayer: focuses on teaching the four guidelines of Centering Prayer practice.
- Thoughts and Use of the Sacred Word: focuses on the fact that thoughts will inevitably occur during Centering Prayer practice and how one can effectively handle them.
- Deepening Our Relationship with God: focuses on how the method of Centering Prayer deepens our relationship with God and how this ever deepening relationship is manifested in our daily life.
- Darrell Blackwell is a deacon at Holy Spirit Parish in Wells, Maine. He is active in many of the parish ministries and facilitates their Centering Prayer group.
- Judy Swett has a Masters in Religious Education and is a Board-Certified Hospital Chaplain and Palliative Care Chaplain. She has worked many years in religious education and in the health care field.
- Rosemary Shirley is an Oblate at Glastonbury Abbey in Hingham, MA, the Coordinator of Contemplative Outreach of Boston and has been a Centering Prayer practitioner for several decades.
Email by February 17th to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you plan to attend the workshop.
Suggested Donation: $10
Coffee, tea and light refreshments will be provided during the workshop