For the members of Protestant churches in New Hampshire, see this offer of a scholarship from the National Huguenot Society of NH:
Download this letter in its original PDF format.
The National Huguenot Society of New Hampshire is again pleased to offer a $250 scholarship to be awarded during the summer of 2020 to a New Hampshire resident who meets the following three qualifications:
- Be a high school senior living and attending school in NH with excellent grades and class standing.
- Have an acceptance from an accredited college (or currently attending)
- Be an active member of a Protestant Church
Applications should include:
- A short essay from the student, stating in less than 200 words the reasons he/she should receive this award including the applicant’s plans for college
- A copy of the applicant’s most recent high school (need not be a certified copy)
- You will need a strong letter of recommendation from a high school teacher or administrator.
- You will need a letter from a pastor or other church leader attesting to active membership in a Protestant Church including details of participation and volunteerism
Applications must be postmarked before May 15th and should be mailed or emailed to:
Lynn Alexander, Scholarship Chair
The National Huguenot Society
880A Heritage Village
Southbury, CT 06488
Scholarships are renewable annually (up to three times) to an award winner who maintains a minimum 3.0 grade point average (based on a 4.0 system) and remains a full time college student in an undergraduate program. It is the responsibility of the student to make contact every year (and prove qualifications) for renewal. Please note that the student must be a New Hampshire resident, however may be attending college out of state. Any questions may be addressed to me at my email address: email@example.com