“They showed us unusual kindness” (Acts 28:2)
The Week of Prayer for Christian Unity is coming! The NH Council of Churches will honor this week by asking our congregations of our nine member denominations to host their own Unity Sunday celebration on Sunday, January 26, 2020.
If you plan to participate in Unity Sunday, please RSVP at this link so that we can celebrate your (and others’) participation!
We hope that as you celebrate Unity Sunday, you can take a collection for the NH Council of Churches and support our ministry of convening diverse church bodies as the Body of Christ to minister to our state in many ways. Some ways to take such a collection include:
- Set aside some or all of the offering
- Take a second collection, specifically for donations to the Council
- Place a donation basket for people to give after the worship service ends
- Print the URL nhchurches.org/give in your bulletin to encourage giving later
Checks should be made out to “NH Council of Churches” and mailed to PO Box 1087, Concord, NH 03302. You can also make a donation online at nhchurches.org/give.
Here are the materials from the World Council of Churches. On this website you will find a PDF document with the following resources:
- Worship resources to adapt for your Sunday worship (pages 9-16)
- Hymn composed for this year’s celebration (page 17-19)
- Daily Biblical reflections, which can form the basis of a sermon or Bible study (pages 20-27)
Additional materials from the Greymoor Ecumenical & Interreligious Institute. On the GEII website you will find:
- Suggested hymns, organized by denomination
- Worship resources in Spanish
- Communications tools including bulletin announcements and sample press release
- Order form for prayer cards, posters, bulletin covers and more
Download the NH Council of Churches Cycle of Prayer. There’s many ways to use the Prayer Cycle:
- Print copies to hand out to church members for their prayers
- Include the Prayer Cycle in your congregation’s General Intercessions, Prayers of the People, etc.
- Locate congregations near you that you may not know about
While the text for Unity Sunday is Acts 27:18-28:10, some denominations must use the Bible readings assigned in their Lectionary. For Sunday, January 26, 2020 those readings include: