The NH Council of Churches unites New Hampshire congregations and faith leaders, advocates for the worth and dignity of every person, and uses faithful witness to build a Granite State that reflects God’s inclusive love.
The NH Council of Churches envisions a Granite State where Churches are full of diverse and empowered members, and exist in communities where all people are supported to grow into their full potential and live free from oppression and for one another.
The NH Council of Churches has a long, faithful history of ministry to and advocacy for the people of the Granite State. Made up of individuals, congregations, and faith partners statewide, we promote ecumenical and interfaith understanding as we seek common ground to work for the common good. We work alongside every Granite Stater—particularly those who are marginalized and oppressed—and our planet, empowering individuals and congregations to embody a bold, courageous witness for justice in the public square. We work to be a united voice that dismantles systemic oppression and builds a more just world in God’s name. We acknowledge the severe impact and systemic nature of White supremacy and combat it as an essential practice of our faith.
Membership and Board
According to our bylaws, member denominations may send two representatives to the Council’s board, in addition to their denominational leader. Visit any of our member communions’ web pages by clicking their name below:
- Episcopal Diocese of New Hampshire
- Bishop: The Rt. Rev. A. Robert Hirschfeld
- Board Representatives: Rev. Deacon Chris Potter, Susan Fuller
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, New England Synod
- Bishop: The Rev. James Hazelwood
- Board Representatives: Paul Lutz, vacant
- Presbyterian Church (USA), Presbytery of Northern New England
- Stated Clerk: Rev. TJ DeMarco
- Board Representatives: Rev. John Sawyer, vacant
- Religious Society of Friends, New England Yearly Meeting
- Secretary: Mr. Noah Baker Merill
- Board Representatives: vacant
- United Church of Christ, New Hampshire Conference
- Conference Ministers: Rev. Gordon Rankin and Rev. Richard Slater
- Board Representatives: Rev. Jim Thomas, Rev. Westley Conn
- United Methodist Church, New England Conference
- Bishop: Rev. Sudarshana Devadhar
- Board Representatives: Rev. Kelly Turney, vacant
- Unitarian Universalist Association, New England Region
- Region Lead: Woullard Lett
- Board Representatives: Rev. Allison Palm (currently on leave), Rev. Suzanne Rude
- At-large members
- Rev. Mark Ferrin (American Baptist)
Executive Director, The Rev. Heidi Carrington Heath, email@example.com
Rev. Heidi is an ordained United Church of Christ minister. She is a graduate of Hobart and William Smith Colleges, and Andover Newton Theological School (now: Andover Newton Seminary at Yale Divinity School). She also holds a professional diploma from New York University. Most recently, she was the Interim Director of Religious and Spiritual Life at Phillips Exeter Academy.
Rev. Heidi is a public theologian, spiritual director, and writer. She is passionate about a relevant, 21st Century faith, and public policy. Heidi believes that God uses the sacred strands of our denominations to call us into community with one another. We can weave a stronger, and more beautiful tapestry together than any one of us can do alone. Ecumenism has never been more essential. She shares her life with her spouse, the Rev. Dr. Emily C. Heath, and they make their home on the Seacoast.