On Thursday, September 13, 2018, the New Hampshire Senate and House of Representatives will again vote to repeal the death penalty in New Hampshire. All nine member denominations of the NH Council of Churches support death penalty repeal.
This vote could overturn Governor Chris Sununu’s veto of SB593 on June 21. The bill SB593 was passed with a majority in both the NH Senate and the NH House on April 26. This bill would have eliminated the death penalty in New Hampshire and replaced with with a sentence of life without parole.
As you pray today, you might:
- Copy and share this image on social media.
- Tag the image with #nhpolitics so that others will be aware of this vigil’s presence.
- For a long period of prayer and meditation, read John 18:1-19:42 (the crucifixion of Jesus).
- For a shorter period of prayer and meditation, read John 8:1-11 (“Nor do I condemn thee”).
- For a very short period of prayer and meditation, reflect on Hosea 6:6 and Matthew 12:7 (“I desire mercy.”)